Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year Exchanges

Upon joining the Marines (32 years ago), I stopped sending Christmas cards, and instead, sent New Years letters - with the news of the past year, goals of the new year, and well wishes for the New Year - with the changes in social media - I stopped sending out ny New Years letters a few years back - but, realization struck, that I really miss sending out my personal letters and hearing from my friends -

with that in mind - - - Participating in 2 small exchanges this  year -

EXCHANGE ONE - Exchanging Hand written notes to each person who agrees to send a minimum of  1 note to 5 different friends -  Plan to make art cards and then send a handwritten note expressing how that person has impacted my life in the last few years.


EXCHANGE TWO- Exchanging small hand crafted gift to each person who agrees to send a minimum of 1 gift to 5 different friends - - depending upon the person, will make a small fiber (mixed-media) item for them based on my knowledge of the person -

This should help me meet my small goals this year - to write my friends, and to make some small art pieces -

I actually LOVE making small gifts for people so - this is one way to start kick and inspire my creativity this year -

Pictures to follow?