Saturday, May 1, 2010

Miss Froggie Mojo

Yesterday I spent the day making a Mojo Doll for the Quilter's Mojo Doll Challenge - it was lots of fun -

First, I took a commercial white on white fabric and hand inked it green with some blue -

Then, I layed out the pattern on the fabric and cut it out -

After that, the "belly" just had to be quilted to give it some character - but, I left the "back" smooth - then, I sewed the doll together and stuffed her with polyfill. 

Next, I made her hair out of polyester thread and beads, stitching carefully, so not to stab myself and bled on her extensions.

She wanted an outfit, so I made her a skirt - with a velcro fastner, so she could get out of it quickly for her dip in the pond -

I hand sculpted her jewelry and accessories out of metal - and it is all detachable also -

She looks great in my studio - green and frog like - such fun -