Monday, August 20, 2012


REFLECTING ON SELF

My lifelong friends have long complained about my inactive telephone skills, so I broke down and got an answering machine.

Then, they complained I was never home, so I got a cell which I often forget to turn on, or take with me upon leaving the house or car. I remember longingly back to the days where there were no answering machines or cell phones. Your friends called, and you either were home and answered, or they called back.

From my perspective, answering machines and cell phones are really invasive, with mostly solicitors leaving annoying computer generated messages. Weighing all the options, finally decided, when I am in the studio working, or just at home relaxing, the phone will be off - let the machine get it...

The down side is I forget to go check the machine, and miss those all important calls. Sigh, nothing is perfect. Wait, they can always get me on email - is my reply!  I am so much better with writing than with the phone -